The Manley Enhanced Pultec EQP1A Dual Channel EQ is a musical and powerful EQ based on the classic Pultec design.
The Manley Enhanced Pultec uses 1 x 12AU7WA and 1 x 6414 in its all-tube single-ended line amplifier for the gain make-up and extra-beefy sound; gain is factory set for unity but additional gain is available by a rear mounted feedback adjustment trimpot.
Like their 40dB Mic Preamps, the Manley Pultecs offer both transformer coupled balanced and direct capacitor coupled unbalanced outputs for easy interface and sonic variety. The EQ may be set to "flat" positions or bypassed entirely.
The original Pultec EQ's had three transformers in the signal path whereas Manley's can be used completely transformerless. The Manley Enhanced Pultec has a vastly superior B+ power supply, with regulated and balanced heater supply.
The line amp is known to be killer-sounding. All boost and cut controls are continuously variable conductive plastic potentiometers for absolutely silent operation and long life. You'll soon discover the power and magic of having those individual Low Frequency boost and cut controls in that LF shelf circuit...
Need a little clarity or extension?
Try that middle bell-shaped Boost dialing in the sharpness of the boost on the bandwidth control. When you ease off the HF shelf control. You'll see. There's no substitute for a Pultec.
The main features of the Manley PULTEC EQP1A include:
- Powerful EQ based on the Pultec design
- Manley input transformer with pure nickel laminations potted in mu-metal case
- 600 ohm input Z Flat frequency response from 10Hz-100KHz
- Phase Reverse switch for balanced XLR input
- Alternate transformerless 1/4" HI-Z (5K ohm) input BYPASS switch
- Silent conductive plastic boost & cut controls Sealed gold-contact Greyhill frequency select switches
- <0.01% THD @ 1Khz Adjustable feedback / gain: Unity +/-5 dB Hi-current drive <50 ohm LO-Z unbalanced output
- Max. output (into 600 ohm load): (+20 dBm)
- Power consumption (120/240VAC): 18 watts 2u
- Made in USA