Authentic recreation of the legendary 1970s classic analogue mono synth with a new LFO, premium FATAR keybed, MIDI integration and a mixer feedback modification for added distortion., The Moog Model D, the synth which revolutionised synthesizers. It brought the unobtainable sound of Moog to the masses and as of 2017, Moog have reissued a very limited number of handcrafted recreations, using true-to-era components and designs
At a glance
- Reissue of the most iconic synth in history: the Minimoog Model D, made by Moog Music
- Dedicated LFO with Square and Triangle wave shapes
- FATAR keybed with velocity and aftertouch
- Feedback Mixer for added distortion
- A piece of music history that continues to inspire artists across styles and genres
- Original discrete analogue circuitry with player-appreciated factory upgrades
- High-quality craftsmanship - designed and built to last a lifetime
- Delivers the iconic presence and sound of a vintage Moog instrument
The Moog Model D Reissue 2022 is an authentic recreation of the legendary 1970s classic analogue mono synth with a new LFO, premium FATAR keybed, MIDI integration and a mixer feedback modification for added distortion.
The Minimoog Model D was one of the first commercial synthesizers aimed at musicians; previous Moog modular systems were bulkier, cumbersome and also very expensive. The Model D included a keyboard, a pre-wired signal path and a more realistic price tag when it was first released in 1971.
While the original sound engine and audio signal path remain unchanged, the 2022 Minimoog Model D includes several frequently requested modifications that expand this legendary instrument's sonic capabilities. These changes include a dedicated analogue LFO with triangle and square waveforms, a premium Fatar keybed with velocity and after pressure available via top panel CV jacks with onboard trim pots, MIDI integration, and a mixer feedback modification that allows the Minimoog Model D to overdrive and scream with the turn of a knob. Furthermore, the Minimoog Model D now includes a spring-loaded pitch wheel with a centre dead band for the first time in its history, resulting in improved playability and wild performance possibilities.