The 1176 is based on the E&F versions of the black faced original, with the sole addition of XLR I/O as well as the original screw in terminals. This is the one to make your vocals sit, king on guitar, magic on bass and stunning on drums.
At a glance
- Legendary, high-end, compressor/limiter used for vocal, bass and instrument tracking across the world
- True to the original in design, manufacturing and performance
- Modelled after 1176LN, blackface, D and E revisions
- F.E.T. gain reduction
- Pushbutton selection of compression ratios, 4:1 8:1, 12:1, 20:1
- Ultra-fast attack time 20 microseconds to 800 microseconds
- Adjustable release time 50 milliseconds to 1.1 second
- Class A line-level output amplifier
- Custom-built Putnam-designed output transformer
- Stereo interconnect operation
- Contemporary styling and eye-pleasing industrial design
The Universal Audio 1176 LN is based on the E&F versions of the black-faced original, with the sole addition of XLR I/O as well as the original screw-in terminals. This is the one to make your vocals sit, king on guitar, magic on bass and stunning on drums.
The Universal Audio 1176 LN Solid State Limiting Amplifier. Legendary, high-end, compressor/limiter used for vocal, bass and instrument tracking across the world.
The Universal Audio 1176 LN design is based upon the original Universal Audio 1176LN, designed by Bill Putnam, which was a major breakthrough in limiter technology, the first true peak limiter with all transistor circuitry offering superior performance and a signature sound. Evolved from the popular Universal Audio 175 and 176 vacuum tube limiters, the 1176LN retained the proven qualities of these industry leaders and set the standard for all limiters to follow.
Today, the 1176LN is new again. While it certainly would have been possible and much simpler to modernize and "improve" the 1176LN, every effort was made to remain faithful to Putnam's design and intentions. Carefully trained staff hand-wire and test each unit until it meets our uncompromising standards. This Universal Audio Classic version of the 1176LN captures all the nuance of the original through obsessive attention to detail and delivers that trademark sound.