Twin Diaphragm Omni Microphone.
At a glance
- Modular flexibility
- Twin-Diaphragm-Capsule technology
- Acoustic authenticity
- Linear in a large frequency bandwidth
- Directional pattern: Omnidirectional
- Principle of operation: Pressure
- Cartridge type: Pre-polarized condenser, Twin Diaphragm Capsule
- Frequency range: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) at 1 kHz: < 1 % up to 130 dB SPL peak
- Dynamic range: Typ. 114 dB
- Minimum load impedance: 2 kohm
- Output impedance: < 200 ohm
- Cable drive capability: 100 m (328 ft)
- Power supply (for full specifications): 48 V Phantom power (± 4 V)
- Current consumption: 2.8 mA
- Connector: XLR-3M. Pin 1: shield, Pin 2: signal + phase, Pin 3: - phase
- Microphone weight: 60 g (2.1 oz)
- Microphone diameter: 19 mm (0.75 in)
- Microphone length: 58 mm (2.3 in)
- Output voltage, RMS: > 4 V
- Polarity: +V at Pin 2 for positive sound pressure
The DPA 2006C Compact Twin Diaphragm Omni Microphone similar to the acclaimed DPA 4006, with Twin Diaphragm Capsule technology for a more premium sound. The 2006 Compact is well balanced for an overall accurate sound image.
The 2006C from DPA can be used to record Acoustic piano, guitar, wind instruments and choirs are among the most evident applications. In a 2006 capsule two opposite facing miniature capsules are custom re-built into a double diaphragm, one-capsule composition. This combines the advantages of small capsules (fast impulse response and large frequency bandwidth) with lower inherent noise achieved from a larger diaphragm area.
The capsules are loaded to the supreme Reference Standard preamps instead of the tiny miniature FET preamp from the miniature mics, offering, even more, air and precision.