The Neumann KM 185 Stereo Set hypercardioid microphones are based on the tremendously successful KM 184 cardioid microphone, which has become a standard within the global studio community in just a very short time.
At a glance
- Hypercardioid microphones
- Pressure gradient transducers
- Successor of the worldwide successful KM 83/84
- Transformerless circuitry
- Trouble-free operation also with unbalanced equipment (e.g., DAT recorders)
- Set includes windshield and two different microphone clamps
- Especially for recording situations when it is necessary to attenuate off-axis sound (lateral and rear) from other nearby instruments.
- As XY stereo pair
- Overhead, toms
- To attenuate unwanted sound of nearby instruments
- Recording of speech, as in TV, movie and video productions, PA systems
- Produces especially warm and bass supporting sound for artists who perform in proximity effect range
The Neumann KM 185 Stereo Set hyper-cardioid microphones are based on the tremendously successful KM 184 cardioid microphone, which has become a standard within the global studio community in just a very short time.
The Neumann KM 185 Microphones are suitable for a very wide range of tasks in the radio and television sector. The KM 185 with its hyper-cardioid characteristic features attenuation of sound incidence from the side or rear of about 10 dB, with minimum sensitivity at an angle of 120¬∞.
The Neumann KM 185 Stereo Set is a good choice for all users who look for a high-quality miniature microphones.
- Frequency range: 20 Hz-20 kHz
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz into 1 kohm: 10 mV/Pa
- Rated impedance: 50 ohms
- Rated load impedance: 1 kohms
- Equivalent noise level, CCIR1): 24 dB
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted1): 15 dB-A
- Signal-to-noise ratio, CCIR1) (rel. 94 dB SPL): 70 dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio, A-weighted1) (rel. 94 dB SPL): 79 dB
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%2): 142 dB
- Maximum output voltage 10 dBu
- Supply voltage (P48, IEC 61938): 48 V ¬± 4 V
- Current consumption (P48, IEC 61938): 3.2 mA
- Matching connectors: XLR 3F
- Weight approx: 80 g
- Diameter: 22 mm
- Length: 107 mm