At a glance
- Desktop 1-in/2-out USB audio interface with class-leading 24-bit/192 kHz audio conversion for Mac, PC, iPad, and iPhone
- Vintage Mic Preamp mode lets you record voice or guitar with the rich, full sound of a classic UA tube preamp
- Built-in 76 Compressor adds instant clarity and punch to voice, instruments and other sources with all-new analog circuit based on UA’s iconic 1176
- Essential suite of audio and music software including Ableton, Melodyne, UJAM’s Virtual Drummer, Marshall, Ampeg, and more
- Studio-quality headphone amplifier for loud, clear monitoring
- USB bus-powered to reduce cable clutter
- 48V phantom power for condenser microphones
- Direct Monitoring for latency-free recording
- Stylish, rugged construction built to withstand years of use
- 1-in/1-out MIDI connections
- USB-C to USB-A cable included
The Universal Audio Volt 176 is a 1-in/2-out USB audio interface designed to provide superior sound quality to singers, songwriters, guitarists, podcasters and more… It boasts a Vintage Mic Preamp mode, based on the Universal Audio 610 tube preamp and 76 compressor.
The Universal Audio Volt 176 delivers superior audio quality and more character than any other audio interface in its class thanks to the Vintage Mic Preamp based on Universal Audio 610 tube preamp. It provides a rich, warm tone and full sound reminiscent of the classic mic preamp that was used on many from Ray Charles to Van Halen. The 176 also includes a built-in compressor using an innovative analogue circuit inspired the legendary 1176 with three presets to control vocals, guitars synths and drum machines.
This simple audio interface includes a 1-in/2-out audio connection includes a Mic/Line/Instrument input and two balanced outputs. It also includes a studio-quality headphone output to deliver clear monitoring.
Using Class Compilation USB, the Volt 176 works with an iPad and iPhone allowing for the creation and recording of the music on the go. An Apple Lightning cable to USB Camera Adapter
The UA Volt 176 comes with a wide selection of software to get you creating right out of the bat including Ableton, Marshal Plexi Classic Amp and Tim& Tone bundle by Softube, Melodyne essential, the Ampeg SVT-VR Classic by Plug-in Alliance as well as the Brainworx bx_tuner and Bx_masterdesk classic, LX480 Essentials by Relab, UJAM Virtual Drummer DEEP and Virtual Bassis Dandy, and Spitfire Labs.
The Volt 176 has a retro industrial look that complements its road-ready ruggedness allowing you to capture your music for years to come.