Horizontal 3-way active studio monitor for main applications designed to deliver Adam’s new standard in audio reproduction.
At a glance
- Handmade S-ART tweeter
- Newly designed HPS & MPS waveguides milled from a solid black of aluminium
- Brand new integrated midrange driver with intuitive one-piece hybrid dome/cone (DCH) design
- Custom-built ELE bass drivers
- Custom-designed symmetrical magnet assembly
- Air velocity ratio of 4:1 during sound generation by folded S-ART membrane
- Horizontal 3-way system with 2 x 10" woofers and 1 x 4" DCH midrange.
- Spacious bass reflex ports
- Highly efficient PWM ICE Power amplifier for the woofer combined with A/B amplifier for S-ART tweeter
- Custom DSP engine
- Analog XLR input
- Acoustically optimised constructed cabinets
- Comes with 5-Year Warranty
The Adam S5H is an active studio monitor designed farfield applications designed to meet the requirements of the most rigorous control rooms.
The Adam S5H is built for horizontal positioning and boasts two 10” ELE bass drivers designed using the latest computer modelling techniques, ensuring truly accurate reproduction of low frequencies and superior resolution. Its low-weight and highly stable honeycomb cone and optimised inner dampings deliver a clear and transparent sound free from unwanted resonance and distortion.
Powering these two bass drivers are a new symmetrical magnet assembly design which provides a maximum excursion three times greater than previous designs, ensuring accurate low-frequency signals.
Following the bass drivers are a new specially engineered 4” midrange driver which uses a hybrid design to combine the advantages of both cone and soft dome drivers. Indeed, the new driver delivers the clean decay and linear frequency response of dome drivers, combined with the high excursions of cone designs. The new DCH midrange driver delivers improved transparency in the midrange resulting from the lack of distortion.
The S5H also boasts the S-ART tweeter providing greater resolution and precision thus allowing for longer operation without signs of fatigue.
The S5H is powered by a Class D amp with high-performance DSP engine which perfects the crossover for optimised frequency response and maximum dynamic range. The DSP provides in-room optimisation such as overall level, parametric shelving filters and six fully parametric EQs.