500-series version of the API 205L Direct Input, with Tone and Bright Controls
The API 505-DI module is a 500-series Direct input module taken the API 205L specifically designed for guitar, bass, or keyboards.
The purpose of the API 505-DI Module, minimises the risks of loading effect from Hi-Z instruments and normalises an instruments input level up to +4dBu to optimise the signal through the rest of your equipment.
Just like the API 205L, the API 505-DI features a unique Tone control which helps reduce Low Frequency muddiness in your signal and a Bright control which adds clarity, reducing the need to sculpt the sound with EQ at the recording stage.
The API 505-DI’s minimal signal path ensures the signal can be boosted to a high level without the need for an additional mic preamp and any additional distortion added by amplifiers. A 100K/400k Load switch lets you subtly brighten or darken the high frequency content. For instruments with internal preamps such as samplers and keyboards, a -20dB Pad lets you drop the level without sacrificing sound quality.
API 505-DI Overview:
- Wide Range Gain Control with 55dB of gain
- Front Panel Hi-Z Input
- Front Panel Thru routing
- TONE Control helps customize your sound
- BRIGHT Switch boosts clarity and presence
- 10 segment LED VU meter for monitoring output level
- Peak Output LED Indicator
- 20 dB pad switch, applies to mic/line/instrument
- 100K / 400K Switchable Load
- Traditional API fully discrete circuit design
- Uses the famous API 2520 and 2510 Op-Amps