At a glance
ATC SCM25A Pro Overview
- 3-way design featuring ATC SM75-150 Soft Dome mid-range driver.
- Wide dispersion vs frequency for excellent stereo imaging over a large listening area.
- ATC discrete MOSFET class A/B amp-pack delivers high dynamic range in combination with very low distortion and an extended HF bandwidth.
- 4th order active crossovers with all-pass phase compensation ensure outstanding driver integration.
- Input sensitivity and bass ‘lift’ user controls.
- ATC hand built 3˝/75mm soft dome, mid driver
- ATC hand built 7˝/175mm carbon-paper cone bass driver
- Compact size with high output and low cut-off frequency
- 6-year warranty
- Made in UK
The ATC SCM25A Pro MkII is a compact 3-way active ported studio reference monitor with a 6.5"/164mm bass driver loaded in a 25-litre vented cabinet and an integrated 235W amplifier, well suited for smaller to medium studios.
The ATC SCM25A Pro MkII has ATC-designed and produced proprietary drive units. A 6.5"/164mm bass speaker handles low frequencies below 380Hz, while an ATC 3"/75mm soft dome mid-driver handles middle frequencies between 380Hz and 3.5kHz. In addition, ATC's SH25-76S Dual-Suspension 1"/25mm soft dome tweeter handles high frequencies exceeding 3.5kHz. This HF driver upgrade is the crucial difference between the Mk1 and Mk2 models. The enclosure is a ported/vented design tuned to 32Hz and has a 3"/75mm diameter port with flared entrance and exit to reduce port air noise.
A 3-way class A/B amp pack installed in the back of the cabinet actively drives the SCM25A Pro Mk2. Each driving unit is equipped with its power amplifier. The audio input is a 3-pin female XLR on the back panel, and the power is an IEC mains power inlet. The user may adjust input sensitivity and bass' boost'. Crossovers are 4th order Linkwitz-Riley with all-pass filters to improve tone accuracy, imaging, and on and off-axis frequency response. To reduce amplifier' hard-clipping,' FET peak limiters are added. A front-panel-mounted bi-colour LED indicates that the power and limiter are functioning.
- Balanced Input: 1 x Rear Panel Mounted Female XLR, pin 2 hot.
- Input Impedance: 20kŒ© (differential).
- Input CMRR: >82dB (10kHz).
- Input Sensitivity: 2.2dBu / 1Vrms for full power
- Input Sensitivity Control: Continuously Variable from 2.2dBu ‚Äì 8.2dBu / 1Vrms - 2Vrms (-6dB)
- Bass Boost Control: Continuously variable from 0dB to +3dB.
- Crossover Filters: 4th Order Linkwitz-Riley at 380Hz and 3.5kHz.
- Frequency Response: <2Hz to >200kHz (-3dB).
- Amplifier type: Grounded Source MOSFET based Class A/B, convection cooled.
- Output Power: Bass 150W (8Œ©), Mid 60W (8Œ©), HF 32W (6Œ©)
- THD+N: <0.003%/-92dB (1kHz, 1dB below rated power, 90kHz BW)
- Limiter: ATC Active FET Momentary Gain Reduction, limiter 'active' indicated via front panel LED.
- Mains Input: 220-230V or 115V ‚Äì Factory set. Please observe panel markings and labels!
- Power Consumption: Idle 24W/35VA. 1/8th Power 117W/159VA. Full Power 255W/324VA.
- Heat Output: Idle 82BTU/hr. 1/8th power 335 BTU/hr. Full Power 358BTU/hr.
Please note we cannot ship ATC speakers outside of the UK.