Provides 256 channels of low-latency I/O for seamless routing across Core Audio-based DAWs, including Pro Tools, while being compatible with the Avid MTRX II and MTRX Studio. This Thunderbolt 3 option transforms the MTRX Studio into an affordable native Pro Tools or alternative DAW system with 64 channels of low-latency I/O, offering the flexibility to route audio from other DAWs to Pro Tools and facilitating Dolby Atmos workflows, all while retaining access to Pro Tools | HDX DSP cores. Avid's Thunderbolt 3 module combines the power of integrated DigiLink connectivity with Core Audio over Thunderbolt 3, enabling advanced audio workflows and high-speed transfer with 256 channels for MTRX II users and 64 channels for MTRX Studio users.
At a glance
- Thunderbolt 3 interface for using MTRX II and MTRX Studio in native DAW environments via Core Audio (Mac OS) or ASIO (Windows)
- Provides 256 channels for MTRX II and 64 channels for MTRX Studio
- Supports all popular native DAWs such as Apple Logic, Avid Pro Tools, Ableton Live, Steinberg Cubase / Nuendo etc
- Simultaneous operation via DigiLink and Thunderbolt 3 with routing of channels via DADMan software
- Enables immersive monitor setups with room correction
- System requirements: Avid MTRX II or MTRX Studio, computer with Thunderbolt 3 port, macOS 10.14.6 or newer, Windows 10 (64-bit) or newer.
The Avid MTRX Thunderbolt 3 Module empowers users with a remarkable 256 channels of native low-latency I/O connectivity, facilitating seamless routing across various Core Audio-based DAWs, including the renowned Pro Tools. This versatile card seamlessly integrates with both the Avid MTRX II and the AVID MTRX Studio.
With the inclusion of the Thunderbolt 3 option, the MTRX Studio undergoes a transformation into a cost-effective native Pro Tools or alternative DAW system, generously providing 64 channels of low-latency I/O accessibility to your Mac or PC. When paired with DigiLink, the potential to route audio from alternate DAWs to Pro Tools is unlocked, ushering in fresh realms of creative possibilities. Moreover, for ventures in immersive music and soundtrack production, audio can be directed to the Dolby Atmos Renderer while still retaining complete utilization of your Pro Tools | HDX DSP cores.
This integration of Pro Tools | HD and Native capabilities signifies a major leap forward. Avid is proud to introduce a cutting-edge Thunderbolt 3 module designed for both MTRX II and MTRX Studio, offering customers the best of both worlds: the incredible power of integrated DigiLink connectivity coupled with the added flexibility of Core Audio over Thunderbolt 3, ensuring minimal latency.
From the simplicity of routing other applications through DADman software to the complexities of advanced Dolby Atmos workflows, the Thunderbolt 3 option card equips MTRX II users with an impressive 256 channels, while MTRX Studio users benefit from a robust 64-channel high-speed transfer capability.