The Buchla Easel Command Module is a brand new revision of Don Buchla's iconic 208 stored program source the core part of the Music Easel and a highly capable additive semi-modular synthesizer that has found favour with thousands of musicians the world over.
One of the most requested 208 solutions was "can I have a 208 on its own in a case please?" and the answer is, yes‚Ä¶yes you can.
The Easel Command Module includes the new 208C voice, which retains all of the fundamental core features that set the original 208 apart from everything else in its class and, adds a tonne of new features to elevate its capabilities much further than ever before.
Additions and changes over the previous 208 versions include:
- Separate modulation oscillator CV input with voltage input trimmer
- One shot trigger / start button for the pulser
- FM input for the modulation oscillator
- Dedicated audio outs for each oscillator
- CV inputs for the envelope generator stages with voltage input trimmers
- Dedicated CV output for the modulation oscillator
- CV input for the complex oscillator waveform sweep
- White noise generator derived from the 266e
- True stereo audio output
- Dedicated audio inputs for the low pass gates so external sources can be connected
- Front panel aesthetic updated to resemble vintage 208's
- More clocking options for the pulser
- Far shallower construction so 208c comfortably fits in a 200e series system
- USB and DIN MIDI (with Easel Command Module Case)
- Two "to card" inputs
As all 208's that have proceed it, a 5-step sequencer, three stage function generator, a pulser / clock generator, two oscillators and two low pass gate form the backbone of synthesizers architecture, that all come together deliver all the performance friendly toolkit and incredible tone that have made the 208 so popular for the last forty plus years.
Easel Command Module, an evolution of one of the world's most iconic synthesizers.
The main features of the Buchla Easel Command Module include
- Semi modular analogue synthesizer voice
- Incredible array of tones, effects and sound design possibilities
- A multitude of upgrades, enhancements and refinements over previous 208's
- Retains all of Dons signature sound design philosophies
- USB and DIN MIDI