An upgraded version of the classic 4011, renowned in recording studios and live applications around the world as an exceptional mic.
The DPA 4011A Cardioid Condenser Microphone is high-acclaimed and has been redesigned from its predecessor the world-classic DPA 4011. The DPA 4011A is perfect for Close-miking and Superior for high sound levels. For use in recording studios and live applications.
The 4011A from DPA has been made from select high-grade components for neutrality and colourless sound reproduction. The 4011A is able to present accuracy and extremely low distortion. The 4011A has the ability to used as a spot mic on literally any style of live music, from rock ‚Äòn‚Äô roll to opera. The 4011A is equally suitable for close-up work on acoustic guitar, grand piano, overheads, percussion, wind instruments and vocals as it is for spot-miking symphonies. It can handle incredibly high sound levels and even includes a 20 dB pad switch in the centre of the XLR connector to attenuate the output of the microphone.
The 4011A is faithful to its original sound source. A flat on-axis frequency response and excellent phase response deliver a totally faithful reproduction of the original sound. The off-axis response is similarly smooth so that any leakage is an accurate reflection of the original, though attenuated according to the true first-order cardioid pickup pattern. The variety of applications is as wide as the imagination of the user.
The main features of the 4011A include:
- Superior for high sound levels
- Directional characteristics: Cardioid
- Principle of operation: Pressure gradient
- Cartridge type: Pre-polarized condenser
- Frequency range: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Frequency range, ¬±2 dB: 40 Hz to 20 kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): < 1 % up to 139 dB SPL peak
- Minimum load impedance: 2 kohm
- Dynamic range: Typ. 121 dB
- Max. SPL, peak before clipping: 159 dB
- Output impedance: < 200 ohm
- Power supply (for full specifications): 48 V Phantom power (¬± 4 V)
- Current consumption: 2.8 mA
- Connector: XLR-3M. Pin 1: shield, Pin 2: signal + phase, Pin 3: - phase
- Weight: 158 g (5.6 oz)
- Microphone diameter: 19 mm (0.75 in)
- Capsule diameter: 19 mm (0.75 in)
- Length: 170 mm (6.7 in)
- Output voltage, RMS: > 5 V
- Polarity: +V at Pin 2 for positive sound pressure
- Relative Humidity (RH): Up to 90 %