Wide Cardioid Microphone.
The phantom-powered DPA 4015A wide cardioid mic is the perfect fill-in between an omni and a more directional microphone. Sometimes a conventional cardioid pattern just isn‚Äôt quite open enough, such as when recording instruments with complex radiation patterns. In those instances, the generous polar pattern of the Compact Wide Cardioids allows you to pick up a broader sound field and more accurately capture the full breadth of a stirring performance.
Recording orchestras or other ensembles sometimes requires a compromise between blending in the room reverberation and more precise localization. The wide cardioid (also known as hemispheric) design covers a greater sound angle and is an excellent choice for grand piano, guitar, marimba, and percussion, or as a spot mic for groups in a symphony orchestra. Likewise, it is an excellent speech, dubbing, or vocal mic as its enhanced richness on the bass end nicely compliments many voices.
The off-axis characteristics of the DPA 4015A are totally linear, a unique quality when it comes to authentic sound reproduction. Any leakage that occurs from off-axis sound sources
- Low profile ‚Äì wide pickup area
- Natural reproduction
- Directional ambience pickup
- Exceptional for vocal
- Directional characteristics: Wide cardioid
- Principle of operation: Pressure gradient
- Cartridge type: Pre-polarized condenser
- Frequency range: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Max. SPL, peak before clipping: 159 dB
- Weight: 158 g (5.6 oz)
- Microphone diameter: 19 mm (0.75 in)
- Capsule diameter: 19 mm (0.75 in)
- Length: 170 mm (6.7 in)