Widely used on electric guitar amps, percussion instruments, wind and string instruments.
At a glance
- Widely used on electric guitar amps, percussion instruments, wind and string instruments
- Very High SPL
- Excellent value
- Includes 1 x UA0639 Microphone Clip and 1 x DUA0573 Windscreen for 4090/4091
The DPA 4091 Hi-SPL Omnidirectional Microphone, P48v. Ideal for all instrument miking applications, studio or stage.
The DPA 4091 is a high-quality omnidirectional condenser microphone. Due to its uniquely natural and open sound, the 4091 is suitable for instrument miking applications in the studio or on the stage. The 144 dB SPL handling means it can meet just about any challenge including miking an electric guitar amp. An excellent microphone for percussion instruments, the 4091 is also an ideal choice for wind and string instruments. Due to their remarkably linear frequency response in the 20 Hz to 20 kHz range, sound system engineers can also use these mics for sound system alignment, testing and tuning. The rugged and compact design features a 5.4 mm diameter pre-polarized condenser capsule in a tapered body measuring just 12 cm (4,75 in).
The main features of the DPA 4091 include:
- Principle of operation: Pressure
- Cartridge type: Pre-polarized condenser
- Power supply: 48 V Phantom power
- Frequency range, ± 2 dB: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Directional characteristics: Omnidirectional
- Equivalent noise level A-weighted: Typ. 26 dB(A) re. 20 µPa (max. 28 dB(A))
- Total harmonic distortion (THD): <1% up to 123 dB SPL peak
- Output impedance: <40 Ohm
- Cable drive capability: Up to 300 m (984 ft)
- Max. SPL, peak before clipping: 144 dB
- Dynamic Range: Typ. 97 dB
- S/N ratio, re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL): 68 dB(A)
- Connector: 3-pin XLR (Standard P48)
- Sensitivity, nominal, ±3 dB: 6 mV/Pa; -44.5 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- Current consumption: 1.0 mA