The S-Type is a stereo VCA compressor.
The IGS Audio S-Type is a typical VCA compressor well known as the core of the legendary British sound. The heart of the compressor is the THAT chip instead of the now unavailable DBX.
The analogue path is balanced with ultra-fast A class op-amps. This is the source of completely transparent sound. A minimal level of noise allows the device to be used in recording classical music, including long-range recording. The main new feature of the S-Type is the Sidechain regulation. This allows the user to select the lowest frequencies which will not be compressed and more precisely control the bass and dynamics of the mix. Overall the S-Type is a very creative device.
- Great summing and mastering compressor
- Beat compressor for external drum machines
- Drum compressor for live drums
- Can be used to compress single stereo instruments (pads, leads)
The S-Type is a precision dynamic range controller intended for use in the most demanding professional audio applications. RMS detection, high headroom input circuits and output drivers give the S-Type its own sonic excellence.
- 2 balanced XLR Mic/Line Inputs
- 2 balanced XLR Outputs
- +4dB operating level
- Maximum Output +29 dBV
- Gain reduction up to 20dB
- Max Gain 20dB
- Pure class A audio path
- Frequency response 20Hz to 20kHz; +/- 0.1dB
- Precise analog scales
- One volume control for both channels
- Internal power supply
- Mains consumption 25 Watts
- 230V/110V Power option
- Shipping weight 5 kg