At a glance
- 8x HV-3 preamp channels
- 90-240VAC variable current compatible
- Redundant power supply capability for fail-safe operation
- Paralleled next-generation AKM conversion
- Designed for continuous operation in high-temperatures
- RF “pi filter” shielding stops mobile interference
- Up to 256 channel control via Dante Ethernet
- +34dBu input headroom for extreme audio environments
- Matched discrete-octet transistor gain topology
- AELogic software for remote control of HV-316 / HV-3R simultaneously
- High-definition meters, grouping, linking and more
- Entirely balanced audio path with precision components
- Advanced, medical-grade power supply rated for 650,000 hours MTBF operation
- Ultra-lightweight aluminium 16-gauge rack chassis
- Analogue output option available
- Road hardened 1U chassis
- Lovingly hand-built and quality-assured in California
The Millennia HV-316 is an 8-channel remote-controlled mic preamp with Dante connectivity designed to offer vividly realistic sound.
The Millennia HV=316 houses 8 channels of Millennia HV-3 microphone preamps and provide simultaneous analogue and Dante 32-bit / 192KHz Ethernet outputs.
Stunning Mic preamp for the Studio and Live
The renowned Millennia HV-3 mic preamp, inducted into the 2019 NAMM TEC Hall of Fame has become the mic pre-amp of choice for the most selective recording studios throughout the world for its pristine sound quality. It is particularly favoured by classical recording engineers and producers for its neutral character and ability to perfectly capture the dynamics of the instruments.
The HV-316 uses the same high-speed transformerless design of the HV-3 series and easily captures the most subtle detail of your instrument and ambience.
Based on user feedback, the HV-316 is built to withstand the most extreme situations physically but sonically as well. Its 1U chassis uses military-spec aluminium while the medical-grade redundant power supply ensures continuous operation without any audio glitch.
It also provides RF shielding, removing any potential interference and can operate at high-temperatures (up to 65C continuous) without any interruption.
Sonically it boasts an impressive +34dBu of input headroom enough to support the loudest sources without clipping.
Superior Conversion and Dante Controls
The HV316 includes a high-quality AKM AD converter chip delivering stunning 32-bit/192kHz resolution and >130dB of dynamic range thanks to its multi-paralleled architecture.
Coming with Dante connectivity, the HV-316 enables you to pair other remote-controlled Millennia preamps such as the HV-3R, up to 384 redundant audio channels to operate on a single Ethernet network.
Each preamp is accessible remotely via Millennia’s proprietary and forward-compatible 2nd generation AElogic software. The software offers controls over gain, polarity, high-pass filter and stereo link. It also includes selectable Ribbon or Phantom Paths on every channel.
All internal processing are taken care via a Plug-and-play Beagle Linux processor, offering unlimited scene recall and scribble strips.
The HV-316 can be upgraded to 16-channels by Millennia upon request. The unit will need to be shipped to Millennia for the upgrade to be made.