The Neumann BCM705 is Neumann’s first dynamic microphone, designed specifically for broadcast and voice overs.
The Neumann BCM705 uses a redesigned Sennheiser MD431 capsule housed in a BCM104 inspired body sporting a new green Neumann badge. Neumann has reworked it to reduce frequency response and sensitivity for broadcast applications and removed the grill to keep clear high-frequency response. The capsule’s mechanical suspension has also been changed to allow for elastically suspension to reduce sensitivity to handling shocks.
Technically, the BCM705 sports a wide frequency response (20Hz-20kHz) with a slight HF boost for clear and precise speech. Low frequencies are also compensated to compensate for proximity effect. The hypercardioid polar pattern is focused on speech and shows great rear rejection ideal when several people are talking at the same time.
Neumann BCM 705 Main Features:
- Dynamic capsule
- Hypercardioid directional characteristic
- Characteristic, functionally optimized design
- Integrated pop protection
- Integrated suspension
- Individual headgrilles for different users
- Coloured rings to identity the replacement headgrilles
- Easy removal and cleaning of microphone headgrille (with bayonet mount)
- Mechanical compatibility with standard studio boom arms
- Multi-level isolation from structure-borne noise
- No power supply required