The Neumann KM183 D is a digital small diaphragm condenser microphone comprising the KK 183 omni capsule and KM D digital preamp.
The Neumann KM183 D uses the most up to date electronic components to deliver greatly improved performance with lower self-noise, wider dynamic range and very high electromagnetic interference immunity.
The KM D digital output stage converts the signal from the capsule and sends a 24-bit AES/EBU signal in accordance with the AES 42 standard. The KM D includes an integrated DSP to control digital gain, pre-attenuation (6dB, 12dB or 18dB) and the high-pass filter (0Hz, 40Hz, 80Hz, 160Hz). The DSP also integrates a limiter, compressor, de-essing to prevent from overloading. the audio signal.
The KM183 D is extremely flexible can be used in close miking or diffuse field in AB configurations thanks to its flat frequency response.
Neumann KM183 D Main Features:
- Miniature microphone with omni-directional capsule, compatible with the analog miniature microphone system KM A
- Set includes windshield and clamp
- Extensive accessories
- The legendary Neumann sound in the digital realm. Pure Neumann capsule sound
- The satisfaction of recording the uncolored original, with no "bottlenecks" between the capsule and the recording system
- The guarantee of having one of the best A/D converters
- Anti-clipping processing ensures handling safety, and reduces stress
- Reduced time requirements and personnel costs, particularly due to faster post production processing
- Lower investment costs, since separate A/D converters and preamps are no longer needed. This also means space and weight savings (e.g. in the OB van)