The mic preamps available for the 1081R Remote Rack ‚Äì with transformers hand-wired to Neve's unique design ‚Äì represent the very essence of the Neve sound. These pres ‚Äì the 1081 and the Air Montserrat ‚Äì have proven themselves over decades in the world's finest studios and on many of the most famous recordings of all time. The 1081R ‚Äì housing up to 12 of these superb mic pres in a microprocessor-controlled rack ‚Äì is the ideal solution for engineers seeking multiple channels of Neve sound quality without investing in a new console. Any combination of Air Montserrat Pres (the optimum choice for ambient recording) and 1081s (offering perfect response for close mic'd vocals, acoustic instruments and percussion) may be specified ‚Äì allowing engineers to tailor their systems for recording any genre from classical to rock, controlling everything from a Neve console or standalone PC. Connections are through a 9-pin serial control cable via RS232 to RS485 converter. Gain, phase and 20dB pad settings can be controlled from the rack or via the interface screen, and stored for later recall. The 1081R also allows the preamps to be used as remote inputs for the 88RS analogue console, or in conjunction with our digital consoles.
Neve 1081R Remote Microphone Preamplifier Rack Main Features:
- 12-space remote-controlled rack featuring a selection of classic 1081 or Air Montserrat
- Modern, convenient way to secure legendary Neve Sound
- Controllable from Neve Console (Encore PC) or standalone PC
- Serial connection to computer
- Recall of all operational settings via software
- Unique hand-wired Neve-designed input transformers