A hand-built expandable analogue recording console with digital workstation control and a base configuration starting under £30,000.
For more than 40 years, the designers and engineers at Neve have worked uncompromisingly to produce the world's premier audio recording and mixing equipment. As a result, Neve products have long exceeded the most stringent requirements for sound quality and musicality - from countless legendary albums to the vast majority of each year's blockbuster films. Traditionally, of course, such perfection has come at a price, meaning that only the largest and most prestigious studios could aspire to own a Neve recording console. Until now.
Introducing the Neve Genesys. A hand-built expandable analogue recording console with digital workstation control and a base configuration starting under ¬£30,000. Genesys represents a new beginning for Neve - a console that builds upon Neve's 40 years of technical heritage, including legendary mic preamplifiers and highly revered analogue circuit design. But Genesys also accommodates for the seismic changes in the methods of music recording, with extensive digital control and connectivity.
In its basic configuration, Genesys offers 16 channels of mic/line preamps, 16-channel DAW monitoring, hands-on DAW control for Pro Tools, Logic, Nuendo and more, 8 auxiliary buses, 8 group buses, 2 main outputs, 4 effects returns, comprehensive metering, 5.1 monitoring, 2 cue mixes, talkback services and an internal power supply.
As studio owners needs require, Genesys can be expanded to 60 channels in a straight or articulated frame, with options including motorized fader automation, recall, mastering-grade 192kHz A/D and D/A converters, digitally controlled EQ and dynamics, remote mic amp control and much more.
In any configuration, Genesys offers an excellent studio control surface with comprehensive monitoring and signal routing capabilities. This eliminates the typical hodge-podge of awkwardly interfaced devices and puts a proper console back in the heart of the studio.
As with all Neve products, Genesys offers sound and build quality beyond reproach. Even the console stand was developed in conjunction with internationally renowned studio designer Roger D'Arcy of Recording Architecture in London.
With Genesys, the widest possible range of studios can legitimately claim to be a Neve facility. The future begins here.
Genesys - Base Configuration
- 16 channels of Neve mic/line amplifiers
- 16 channel DAW monitoring
- 8 Auxes (4 mono and 2 stereo)
- 8 groups
- 2 main outs
- 4 effects returns
- 16ch, 8t, 2t and monitor metering
- 5.1 monitoring
- 2 cue mixes
- Full talkback capability
- Internal PSU
- USB stick store, load & reset
- Hands-on DAW control for Pro Tools, Logic, Nuendo and more
- Dust cover
Genesys - Scalability Options
- Expandable to 60 channels, straight or with wedges
- Transformers on Mic amps
- Full Recall
- Motorised Faders automation
- 192kHz A/D and D/A input/output
- Digitally controlled EQ and Dynamics (1084 EQ circuitry and 88R style Dynamics)
- Remote mic amp control
- Stand (16ch only)
- Patch and Mating connectors
- Monitor shelves
- 8-Channel EQ cassette
- 8-Channel Dynamics cassette
- Initial 16 Moving Faders (inc. Encore software)
- Each additional set of 16 Moving Faders
- Total Recall software
- Monitor Converter Cassette (6 D/A, 18 A/D)
- 8-channel FireWire/AES Cassette
- 8 Ch of Mic Transformers (GreenCan 1073 style)