Cutting-edge audio conversion unit that redefines format conversion in recording studios, live sound venues, and broadcast/post-production suites. It effortlessly converts up to 256 channels of Dante Rx to 256 channels of MADI Tx and vice versa, thanks to its integration of Dante IP core technology. With 256 channels of MADI inputs and outputs across four ports, it exceeds professional MADI standards. The unit features a modern clocking system, dual Ethernet ports, Maximum Channel Mapping (MCM) for seamless multiplexing, and a front-mounted OLED screen for easy monitoring. Its external PSU design ensures longevity by efficiently dissipating heat. This product sets a new standard for versatility and reliability in professional audio environments, embodying Neve's commitment to pushing the boundaries of sound engineering.
At a glance
- Converts up to 256 Dante Rx to 256 channels of MADI Tx, and vice versa.Harnesses
- Dante IP core technology for extensive I/O capability through a single Ethernet connection.
- Accommodates a vast digital I/O count with 256 channels of MADI IN/MADI OUT.
- MADI ports support duplex MADI SC optical connections and dual-BNC coaxial connections, meeting professional MADI standards.
- It utilises a modern, low-drift crystal oscillator clocking system and PLL, making it an ideal master clock in any professional studio environment.
- Provides Dante connections through dual ethernet ports for redundancy or daisy-chaining in switched mode.
- Features Maximum Channel Mapping (MCM) for automatic multiplexing of MADI I/O assignments per port.
- Supports 32-bit integer bit depths with multiple dithering options to prevent truncation-distortion.
- The front-mounted OLED screen displays essential information for easy monitoring and control.
- External PSU design ensures efficient heat dissipation, safeguarding internal components for a prolonged lifespan.
The Neve StarNet DM256 is a compact and professional audio converter designed to elevate your recording studios, live sound venues, and broadcast/post-production suites. Unleash unparalleled power and precision with this remarkable product.
Unleashing Unparalleled Power
The Neve StarNet DM256 is a true powerhouse, effortlessly converting up to 256 Dante Rx to 256 channels of MADI Tx and vice versa. This remarkable feat is made possible by integrating Dante IP core technology, enabling an expansive I/O count through a single Ethernet connection. Get ready to witness a new benchmark in audio technology.
A Digital Symphony of Features
Boasting one of the largest digital I/O counts on the market, the StarNet DM256 accommodates 256 channels of MADI inputs and outputs across four MADI ports. These ports feature duplex MADI SC optical connections and dual-BNC coaxial connections, ensuring they meet and exceed professional MADI standards as outlined by the Audio Engineering Society.
Precision in Every Beat
The StarNet DM256 incorporates a modern, low-drift crystal oscillator clocking system and PLL, positioning itself as the ultimate master clock in any professional studio environment. Dante connections are facilitated through dual Ethernet ports, offering redundancy for network failure resilience or daisy-chaining capabilities in switched mode.
Masterful Control and Monitoring
Equipped with a Maximum Channel Mapping (MCM) feature, the DM256 ensures seamless multiplexing of MADI I/O assignments per port, maintaining session integrity during sample rate switches. The unit's front-mounted OLED screen provides at-a-glance access to crucial network settings, sample rate, bit depth, and more.
Crafted with an external PSU design, the StarNet DM256 efficiently dissipates heat, safeguarding internal components for an extended lifespan. This design consideration underscores Neve's commitment to delivering robust and reliable audio solutions.
Chris Bloor, Engineering Manager at AMS Neve, highlights the significance of the DM256: "The DM256 not only redefines format conversion but sets a new standard for versatility and reliability in professional audio environments. With its extensive I/O capabilities, modern clocking system, and user-friendly features, the DM256 stands as a testament to our legacy of pushing the boundaries and shaping the future of sound engineering."