At a glance
- Center terminated large-diaphragm capsule
- Dual backplate three-wire capsule
- Ultra-high resolution
- Crystal clear low noise floor
- Vintage glass EF pentode vacuum tube
- Unique Peluso FET-Tube combination amplifier
- Heavy-duty 8 pin screw-on connector
- Custom transformer output
The Peluso P-280 is an ultra-high resolution large-diaphragm condenser microphone with vanishingly low noise floor and vacuum tube warmth.
The Peluso P-280 uses a unique combination of Tube/FET amplification stage with a miniature pentode tube that adds warmth and pleasing quality of the sound with no hint of harshness and brittleness. Instead, the P-280 provides crisp detail with a balanced frequency response with the lowest noise floor available in a tube microphone thanks to its Tube/FET amplification design and its generously sized output transformer.
The P-280 connects to an external power supply thanks to its screw-on-8-pin cable connector. The head and body are both made of machined brass graced by a sleek black finish. It ships in a wooden box with en 8-pin microphone cable, power supply, shock mount, all housed in a locking flight case.