The Peluso P-87 is a solid-state large diaphragm condenser microphone inspired by the vintage Neumann U87 microphone.
The Peluso P-87 emulates the characteristics of vintage designs to recreate the sound and performance of the most popular microphone. It features a centred terminated diaphragm and a transformer output. Three heavy-duty toggle switches grace the body of the microphone adding useful controls. The polar pattern switch lets you choose between Omni, cardioid and figure of eight patterns. A -10dB pad lets you also use the microphone in front of loud sources such as guitar cabinet, drums, brass and loud vocals. Finally a high-pass filter or low frequency roll off decreases low frequency levels to counter the proximity effect.
Peluso P-87 Large Diaphragm Condenser Microphone Main Features:
- Capsule Type: Condenser Pressure Gradient w/ 34mm capsule
- Frequency Range: 20Hz/20Khz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid, Omni, Figure of 8
- Sensitivity: 10 mv/pa
- Impedance: 200 ohms
- SPL: 152 dB w/ pad
- Equivalent Noise: 14 dB(A)
- Power Requirements: Phandom - 48v +/- 4v
- Current Consumption: < 4.0 MA
- Size: 56mm x 228mm
- Weight: 584 g