At a glance
- 3-way active, twin cabinet, mid-field reference monitor with ATL™ bass loading
- Frequency response: 25Hz - 25kHz (- 3dB @1m full space, on-axis)
- State-of-the-art Class-D amplifiers: HF 400W, MF 400W, LF 2x 400W, SUB(XBD) 2 x 400W
- Analogue / AES3 digital input (16/24-bit, 18 -192kHz sample rate)
- Digital ‘through’ output (AES3 24-bit 96kHz)
- SoundAlign™ network control interface for single or group EQ & settings
- Sophisticated DSP crossover, driver protection, EQ, and delay/polarity options
- Optional dedicated 19” floor stands
The PMC6-2-XBD System combines the PMC6-2 midfield studio monitor with two PMC 8-2 Sub to create a powerful, full-range monitoring system with superior clarity and resolution.
The PMC6-2-XBD system extends the frequency response down to 25Hz and increases headroom and clarity by reducing low-frequency load occurring in the midrange driver. The result is a more realistic sound and greater depth.
Configuration of the PMC 6-2-XBD is simple and consists of connecting the input to the PMC6-2 studio monitors and linking the main speakers to the 8-2 subwoofer via the AES digital cable “through” output. Both cabinets can also be linked via LAN or chained together directly via their Network ports.
The XBD mode combines speakers and corresponding sub into a single large scale full-range monitor. Additional DSP controls can also be accessed via the rear panel or via the SoundAlign software via LAN connection. When linked, each speaker and relative sub appears as one PMC 6-2-XBD speaker in the software.