At a glance
- Signal to noise ratio of greater than 76dB
- Channel Separation greater than 70 dB
- Frequency response is flat within 1 dB from 20 Hz-20,000 Hz
- Harmonic Distortion is less than 1% from 20 Hz-20,000 Hz
- Industry-standard Passive EQ with an authentic feel, controls, and equalization curves
- Additional HF Boost Frequencies for more precise control
- Easily recallable 100-position knob scales on boost and cut controls
- A ganged interstage-coupled Subsonic High-Pass Filter provides Peaking LF Boosts with alternate tonal characteristics
- Transformer Balanced and fully-floating 600 Ohm Input and Output to eliminate ground-induced hum and noise
- LF Boost Settings of 20, 30, 60, and 100 Hz
- Complementary LF Cut settings of 20, 30, 60, and 100 Hz
- HF Boost Settings of 1.5 kHz, 3 kHz, 4 kHz, 5 kHz, 6 kHz, 8 kHz, 10 kHz, 12 kHz, 14 kHz and 16 kHz
- Complementary HF Cut Settings of 5 kHz, 10 kHz, and 20 kHz
- Vintage Class AB tube amplification for unity-gain make-up
- Equalization Bypass Switches
- Size 2U Height: 19" wide x 3.5" tall x 9" deep
- XLR input and output connections
- IEC power connector
- 115/230V 50-60 Hz Switchable AC Mains
- Uses readily available 12AX7(2) and 12AU7(2) electron tubes
- Tube substitutions are possible with internal unity gain calibration and jumper selectable 6 or 12-volt tube configuration
- Design minimizes tube heat generation
- High stability components used throughout
- Steel Chassis built to last
- Manufactured in the USA
- Full factory support
The Retro 2A3 Program EQ is a High-Fidelity, dual-channel valve passive EQ inspired by the legendary Pultec design.
The Retro 2A3 features a brand new subsonic filter designed to tame the subsonic energy featured in the original Pultec. The filter offers two different settings 40Hz and 90Hz with peaking response and sharp cutoff. At 40Hz, the Retro 2A3 adds excitement to the 35-40Hz region offering solid low-end performance with pleasing repercussions throughout the midrange. For the original Pultec behaviour, however, the filter can easily be switched out. In addition, the filter uses a unique interstage transformer that also adds to its tonal characteristics.
Improving on the original Pultec design that inspired it, the Retro 2A3 boasts three additional frequency boost settings at 1.5kHz, 6kHz, and 14kHz for a total of 10 HF frequencies to choose from offering much more flexibility while retaining the sound characteristics of the original design.
Just like all Retro products, the 2A3 is built to the highest standard and feature only hand-matched capacitors and pots ensuring both channels are identical. In addition, the Retro 2A3 exceeds 70dB of channel separation. Stepped knobs have been used to allow for easy recalls and precise gain matching between channels.
As such the Retro 2A3 is ideal for stereo application on the master bus for example and even for mastering. Even adding the unit in the signal chain without any equalisation will impart its own musicality thanks to the valve amplification. Retro 2A3 Program EQ Overview: