The Sonnet Echo Express SEI Thunderbolt 3 is a 40Gbps thunderbolt 3 expansion chassis designed to house two full height, half length PCIe cards.
The Sonnet Echo Express SEI Thunderbolt 3 is ideal for creative professionals requiring external DSP cards such as Avid Pro Tools HD or UAD-2 DSP cards. It will provide full PCIe performance and twice the bandwidth and connectivity of Thunderbolt 2. It boasts two Thunderbolt 3 ports using USB-C connectors, one to connect to your computer and the other to daisy chain other Thunderbolt devices. Using the USB-C port means that with the correct adapter, it is possible to directly connect USB devices. Furthermore, it supports two 4k screens.
The Echo Express SEI is ultra-quiet so it can be used in noise-sensitive environments. Its airflow path has been designed to allow for the temperature-controlled, variable-speed fan to work efficiently in cooling the install cards at all time.
The Echo chassis is lightweight despite a robust aluminium outer shell and a Thunderlok 3 connector retainer clip secures the cable to the chassis greatly reducing the risk of accidentally unplugging the connector and lose data.
Sonnet Echo Express SEI Thunderbolt 3 Main Features:
- Connects a PCIe Expansion Card to Computers Without Slots.
- Use high-performance PCIe cards with any Mac or Windows PC with a Thunderbolt 3 port.
- One PCIe 3.0 x8 Slot.
- Supports one half-length+ (up to 7.75 inches long), full-height, single-width PCIe card (plus one daughter card).
- 40Gbps Thunderbolt 3 Interface.
- Offers 2750 MB/s of PCIe bandwidth, doubling the performance of Thunderbolt 2.
- Full Performance In a Small and Light Design.
- Takes up little space on the desktop, but large enough to support nearly every Thunderbolt-compatible PCIe card, at full performance.
- Two Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) Ports.
- One port reserved for connection to the computer; second port supports daisy-chaining of up to five additional Thunderbolt(5) devices to your computer, attaching a single USB(6) peripheral device, or connecting up to two 4K displays or one 5K display(4).
- Remarkably Quiet.
- Temperature-controlled, variable-speed fan automatically and quietly cools the card.
- Energy Saver Mode.
- Powers on/off automatically with the computer.
- Rugged Aluminum Housing.
- Provides robust and secure protection.
- Power for Peripherals.
- Provides up to 15W of power to connected peripheral or host(7).
- Thunderbolt Cable & ThunderLok Included.
- Includes 0.5-meter Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps) cable and ThunderLok 3 Thunderbolt connector retainer clip to secure cable from accidental disconnections.