Passive 3-Way Studio Monitor with sealed box design and uncompromising sound quality
The SP Acoustics SP25M is a 3-way passive sealed box studio monitor designed to deliver unrivalled transparency and superior sound.
The SP Acoustics SP25M uses four high quality drivers including UHVC drivers, which have been aligned vertically and blended with tailor made crossover. This alignment ensures perfect off-axis horizontal frequency and phase response.
Both Low and Mid frequency drivers uses a deep magnet gap and unique short voice coil winding depth. As a result, the voice coil remains within the same magnetic flux, thus reducing harmonic distortion to a minimum.
In addition, the SP25M uses the same inert acoustic enclosure as the flagship SP1M avoiding any resonance inside the cabinet which adds colour and smears the sound. Using the different vibrations properties of high quality MDF, lined with ceramic plates creates an acoustically inert cabinet.
The SP25M features Aluminium cones that have been designed to provide better performance throughout the frequency range. What’s more the Aluminium provides heat sync, keeping the voice coils cool ensuring high power handling and low thermal compression.
Using hand-wired passive crossovers over specified components ensures optimum performance, which when used with bespoke audiophile capacitors with tight tolerance and hand wound inductors ensuring minimum distortion. 4-pole Speakon connectors are used to deliver the best performance which can accommodate 2-poles and 4-poles cables.
SP Acoustics SP25M Overview:
- Passive 3-way speaker
- Musical monitors
- Infinite baffle design offers superior transient response
- Acoustically Inert Constrained Layer Damped cabinet
- High quality UHVC drivers ensure minimal harmonic distortion
- Perfect Off-axis horizontal and phase response
- Aluminium cones
- Hand-wired crossovers with audiophile capacitors and hand-wound inductors
SP Acoustics SP25M Specifications:
- Tweeter: 3/4” (19mm) selected fabric dome
- Mid Drivers: 4” (100mm) critically terminated paper cone.
- Bass Drivers: 6 1/2” (165mm) hardened aluminium cones.
- Frq. Response: 45Hz - 35kHz (+/- 3dB room corrected)
- Input: Speakon (4 Pole)
- Max SPL: 110 dB
- Power Output: N.A.
- Standby Power: N.A.
- Max Power In: For use with Amps up to 300W
- Crossover: Hard wired, 2nd order topology throughout.
- Sensitivity: 85 dB
- Nominal Impedance: 6 Ohm
- Dimensions: 600mm(H) x 350mm(D) x 250mm(W)
- Cabinet: 35 litre. Dual chamber, Ceramic CLD construction.
- Weight: 16 kg each
- Shipping Weight: 19 kg each