Cascadable, 16-in-2 Analogue Summing Mixer in a 19"/1U Format.
At a glance
- Active analog summing on just 1U rack space—no analog mixing console necessary
- Sophisticated, active Class A/6oV stages for analog summing in the quality of the best consoles
- All analog tracks can be summed before A/D conversion
- Channel adjustments and automation (level, panorama etc.) remain controlled from the DAW—no digital efficiency is lost
- Lower DAW processor utilisation rates
Latency free monitoring
- Surround capable (from up to 3 MixDreamXP units)
- Channel capacity expandable through linked units
- Proprietary differential amplifiers for each input
The SPL MixDream XP is a cascadable, 16-in-2 analogue summing mixer in a 19"/1U format, allowing you to expand your DAW or digital console with high-grade analog stereo summing functionality.
SPL MixDream XP offers high-grade analogue summing without panorama and fader controls, in turn allowing an engineer to retain the entire scope of his computer automation. In use, the MixDreamXP requires almost no departures from an engineer‚Äòs usual working mode, so that all his trusted DAW features and familiar working routines remain available while the MixDreamXP seamlessly expands his aural mixing palette.
One MixDreamXP can sum up to 16 audio tracks to a stereo signal, and should the need arise for more than 16 tracks, several MixDreamXP may be linked together. Owners of a MixDream, model 2384, can expand this unit with the cost-effective MixDreamXP at an identical quality level and by the way, that‚Äòs where the suffix ‚ÄûXP" comes from (=Expansion).
The MixDreamXP discrete class-A technology is based on the same 60-volt rails (+/- 30V) of the MixDream model 2384. Newly developed circuitry, based on the most modern analogue components, guarantees an extremely high slew rate, a very low noise level of -97dBu and a dynamic range of 125dB. Thus the MixDreamXP easily reaches the technical level of the best analog consoles.
- Frequency range: ‚Äπ1Hz-200kHz (-1 dB)
- THD+N: -103dBu (20-22kHz, Input Level +10dBu)
- Noise Level: -97dBu (20-22kHz, A-weighted)
- Max. Input Level: +28dBu
- Max. Output Level: +28dBu (@ 1kHz, THD+N -95dB)
- Dynamic range: 125dB (20-22kHz, A-weighted)
- Crosstalk L-R: -90dB (@ 1kHz, Input Level +10dBu)
- CMRR: ‚Äπ70dB (@ 1kHz, Input Level +10dBu)
- Input Impedance: 10kOhm
- Output Impedance: 65Ohm
- Power Consumption: 36W
- Standard EIA 19 inch Housing, 1U
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 482 x 44 x 237mm/19 x 1.76 x 9.5 inch
- Weight: 3,55kg/7.81 lb