Yamaha CS80 inspired semi modular analogue synthesizer
The Studio Electronics Boomstar range has become a firm favourite of synthesizer enthusiasts and musicians the world over, thanks to their premium build quality, sonic versatility and wide array of filter flavours available, each inspired by an iconic machine that’s been painstakingly reverse engineered.
Each Boomstar architecture is identical, they feature:
- Two highly spec’d VCO’s that feature multiple waveforms, a sub oscillator, ring mod, sync and a ridiculous wide range
- Oscillator cross-mod for weird and wonderful modulation and timbres
- Digital LFO, with 9 waveforms, MIDI clock synchronisation for rhythmic effects
- Two versatile envelopes with superb snap that can also loop to form LFO’s, they can also invert and envelope 2 can also be triggered by the LFO if desired
- Diode based noise circuit for richer harmonics
- Master overdrive for subtle saturation or sonic devastation
- Dedicated filter FM and amp AM inputs plus a dedicated direct VCO output
- And a unique filter topology which varies depending on the model, each of which has been meticulously reverse engineered and refined to give the exactly experience of the synth it seeks to emulate
The SE80 as its name gently suggests, is a nod to the iconic Yamaha CS80 filter design. Offering both high pass and low pass filters in series, which can be used for create lush textures and format style sounds. Each filter has its own resonance circuit and can be driven into self oscillation, for very unique and interesting effects.
The CS-80 is well known for its rich, thick and beefy tone with a unique mid range and tone that other synths simply just can’t get close to.
Boomstar SE80 is the Yamaha tone you’re craving with the mod cons of a 21st century synthesizer, semi modular connectivity and a sub £20,000 pricetag…!
The main features of the Studio Electronics Boomstar SE80 include
Semi modular analogue synthesizer
Two wide range oscillators
A unique filter topology, inspired by an iconic machine
Exotic wooden side panels