Includes two matched ELA M 251 E tube microphones with a custom dual power supply housed in a special locking flight case.
The Telefunken ELA M 251 E Stereo Set offers two matched ELA M 251 E tube microphones with a custom dual power supply housed in a special locking flight case.
The Telefunken ELA M 251 E is a faithful reissue of a truly legendary microphone, known to be one of the most stunning sounding microphone. By reverse-engineering some of the best sounding original, Telefunken has been able to recreate all the characteristics that made the original one of the most coveted microphones in history.
The ELA M 251 E boasts a Telefunken-made CK12-style capsule which offers three polar patterns (Omni, Cardioid and Figure of Eight), and a NOS JAN-spec 6072a tube, made by General Electric.
The ELA M 251 captures a silky smooth, open and airy sound with incredible detail, somewhere between a U47 and C12 but with its own unmistakable identity. Vocals will naturally fit in a mix while when used as overheads will capture the true sound of your kit. Acoustic guitars will also sing with incredible detail and clarity through them.
Telefunken ELA M 251 E Stereo Set Main Features:
- A stunning reissue of a legendary microphone
- Meticulously re-engineered to historic standards
- Edge-terminated, dual backplate CK-12 capsule
- 1" dual-sided gold sputtered membrane
- External power supply (supplied)
- 3 polar patterns: cardioid, omni, and figure-8
- 138dB maximum SPL
- Includes locking flight case, lunchbox-style power supply, and wooden microphone box
- Handbuilt in the USA