Includes a matched pair of U48 tube condenser microphone and includes a custom designed dual power supply.
The Telefunken U48 Stereo Set pairs two matched U48 tube condenser microphone and includes a custom designed dual power supply that is capable of powering both microphones simultaneously.
The Telefunken U48 is a faithful and meticulous recreation of the original U48, itself a variant on the iconic U47 but replacing the omni polar pattern with a bi-directional or figure-of-eight.
As such the construction is the same as the U47 in every respect including the original M7 capsule and Telefunken-designed VF-14K valve and BV8 output transformer.
Favoured over the U47 by Sir George Martin during the recording of many Beatles album, the U48 has a strong authoritative mid-range and extended low frequency response which naturally adds gravitas and presence to vocals or acoustic instruments.
Telefunken U48 Stereo Set Main Features:
- Cardioid and figure-8 polar patterns
- The head assembly from a U47 can be fitted to a U48 amplifier
- The large, chrome head grille houses the newly manufactured M7 capsule
- Telefunken-made BV8 output transformer and VF14k vacuum tube
- Custom dual power supply powers both mics at once
- Locking flight case that will carry both sets of microphones, cables, wooden boxes, and the dual power supply
- Handbuilt in the USA