The Thermionic Culture Rooster 2 is dual-channel all valve mic preamp with distortion controls offering a wide range of tonalities.
The Thermionic Culture Rooster 2 is extremely flexible offering a choice of harmonic distortions and subtle dynamic control. The preamp section uses a double triode 12AX7 input valve which produces a smooth sound at the input stage. It includes +48V phantom power and a DI input which bypasses the transformer for high impedance unbalanced input.
Following the preamp section the Rooster 2 has an “Attitude” section which shapes the distortion produced by a 5654 valve. At its lowest settings, the Rooster 2 exhibits very low natural distortion far below 0.1% offering a clean sound. Increase the “Attitude” and extra harmonics are added delivering an extremely musical and warm valve sound. In Triode mode, the Rooster 2 will produce mainly 2nd order harmonics while in Pentode mode and 3rd harmonics for a more aggressive sound adding a wide range of creative options.
Following the attitude section is a simple yet very musical EQ section comprising Bass Lift and Cut, Mid/high Lift, Mid Cut and Low Pass filter.
Thermionic Culture Rooster 2 Features:
- All valve signal path.
- Sowter Transformer balanced ins and outs.
- Unique 2 channel clean mic. amps with 'Attitude' control.
- Option of 2 settings to select type of introduced distortion.
- Versatile eq. with 'varislope' control of top and bass lift.
- 48v Phantom Power switchable to one or both.
- Phase invert switch on both channels.
- Mic./line and DI input.
- Low pass filter.
- High Pass filter.
- Low noise, High gain and High output level.
- Hand Made in UK.