At a glance
- Full-featured Super 6 in a more compact and portable form
- 12-Voice polyphonic synthesiser with FPGA digital hardware and voltage-controlled analog technology
- Additional features such as drift control, independent control of analog Highpass filter, pan spread control and advanced envelopes and polyphonic aftertouch
- Arpeggiator/sequencer MIDI-syncable & sequencer with programmable note, rest, slide, accent and length tracks
- Polychain option with the full-sized Super 6
- optional rack ears (7U) and robust flip-up feet offering versatile integration into your studio.
The UDO Super 6 Desktop is a compact version of the highly praised Super 6 featuring the same 12-voice hybrid polyphonic synthesizer, high-quality FGPA architecture and power subtractive analogue features.
The UDO Super 6 Desktop boasts the same DDS oscillators running a 50MHz sample rates and featuring a super-wavetable core made of a master oscillator and six phase-corrected sister oscillators that provide a huge sound with a wide stereo image. Both oscillators include a choice of four subtractive waves (Sine, Saw, Triangle, Square) and 16 wavetables. User-defined wavetables upload are also possible for each core. A hard sync function lets you sync the second oscillator to the first, while crossfade and cross modulate functions provide powerful sound-shaping capabilities. The second oscillator (DDS2) can also function as an additional LFO or a sub-oscillator.
The 4-pole resonant state variable filter also includes a high-pass to complement the main low-pass to form a bandpass with full control over resonance. The filer also includes a unique autotune feature allowing for precision tracking of the frequency with the keyboard.
The Super 6 Desktop is not simply a cut down version of the keyboard version, however, and UDO have taken the opportunity to add certain features a drift control, pan spread control and advanced envelopes as well as polyphonic aftertouch. A Polychain option will also let you combine with another Super 6 keyboard to get 24 voices. MPE operability will also be available.
The compact desktop form and the additional rackmount and VESA mount capabilities allow the user to place the synthesizer everywhere, maximising space and workflow.