At a glance
- A special edition of UA's popular Apollo Solo interface —with a premium suite of 5 award-winning plug-in titles from Teletronix,®Pultec,®and UA —a $1,300 value
- UAD SOLO Core Processing for tracking through vintage compressors, EQs, tape machines, mic preamps, and guitar amp plug-ins with near-zero latency
- Unison mic preamp and guitar amp emulations from Neve,® API,® Avalon,® Manley,®Marshall,®Fender,® and more
- Produce with LUNA Recording System —a free, fully-integrated recording application made for Apollo (Mac only)
- Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via VST, AU, and AAX 64 formats in all major DAWs
- Compatible with Logic Pro, Pro Tools, Cubase, Ableton Live, and more
- Best-in-class headphone amplifier for loud, detailed, low-noise monitoring
- Bus-powered connection to Mac and Windows systems for easy portability and reduced cable clutter
- Uncompromising analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
- Free, industry-leading technical support —on the phone and online —from knowledgeable audio engineers
The Universal Audio Apollo Solo Thunderbolt 3 Heritage Edition is a special edition Thunderbolt 3 audio interface that includes a suite of 5 award-winning UAD plug-ins.
The Universal Audio Apollo Solo Thunderbolt 3 is a 2x4 Thunderbolt 3 bus-powered audio interface with class-leading conversion, Unison mic preamps and a large collection of UAD plug-ins for recording vocals and instrument with near-zero latency. Compatible with Mac and Windows, it also offers full integration with Universal Audio’s Groundbreaking LUNA recording system.
An Outstanding USB Audio Interface
The Universal Audio Apollo Solo includes two mic/line input over Combo XLR/Jack inputs as well as two outputs over jack connectors. DI input and headphones output are located at the front. At the top is located the main level control which serves to control Unison Preamp gain and monitor level control. Additional controls include input type selection, high-pass filter, +48V phantom power, phase (polarity reversal) and a link button for stereo inputs.
At its core, the Apollo Solo TB3 includes class-leading conversion 24-bit/192kHz digital audio converters and a pristine analogue circuitry to capture your recordings in all their glory.
Unison Mic Preamps
The portable audio interface comes with two Unison mic preamps that recreate the exact tone and feel of some of the most popular Tube and transformer-based mic preamps.
Unison technology offers stunning models of classic hardware. It provides a continuous, real-time, bi-directional link between the physical hardware mic preamp and UAD software. It ensures precise matching of gain and impedance of the emulated mic preamp as well as its behaviour.
Once a Unison has been selected, the analogue input and digital plug-in remain in constant communication to ensure relative adjustments are made to closely match the impedance and gain staging of the original hardware preamp, creating a dynamic response as if you were using the original unit.
Unison also works with their range of unison ready-guitar amp adding another level of realism when trying to get the ideal tone.
Realtime UAD Processing
The Apollo Solo includes an onboard UAD-2 SOLO Core processor that lets you record and monitor through your entire collection of UAD Powered plug-ins. The Realtime UAD Processing technology lets you track through an extensive range of classic analogue emulations all at near-zero latency regardless of buffer settings.
Hexa Core Processing is also at the heart of UA’s near-zero latency tracking with plug-ins giving you access to a plethora of the best hardware emulations from SSL, Manley, Avalon, Helios, API or Neve without slowing down your system.
A Complete Recording System with LUNA
The Apollo Solo works with all major DAWs, including Logic Pro, Ableton Live, Pro Tools and more. With Universal Audio’s LUNA however, it becomes a full part of the recording system with powerful integrations.
Using LUNA’s Accelerated Realtime Monitoring, you can track and mix through a single-window workflow.
LUNA is a free recording software available free for mac users and offers unlimited track counts, full AU support, as well as access to A suite of LUNA instruments such as the Moog-endorsed Model D synthesizer and Ravel Grand Piano. Furthermore, LUNA extensions open additional features that push the boundaries in terms of analogue recording in the digital domain. An integrated Studer Multitrack tape emulation can be assigned on all channels adding the punch and texture of magnetic tape directly at the recording stage. The Neve Summing extension recreates precisely the summing of the legendary Neve 80 series console making your music sound as if it was recorded and mixed on a classic Neve desk.
Heritage Edition Collection
Included with the audio interface is the Realtime Analog Classics Plus which gives you the following Plugins:
- UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ
- Marshall Plexi Classic Guitar Amp
- Ampeg SVT-VR Classic Bass Amp
- UA 1176LN Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- UA 1176SE Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- Pultec EQP-1A EQ (Legacy)
- Pultec Pro EQ (Legacy)
- Teletronix LA-2A Leveling Amplifier (Legacy)
- Fairchild 670 Compressor (Legacy)
- Precision Enhancer Hz
- Raw Distortion
- Precision Channel Strip (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Reflection Engine (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod L (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- RealVerb Pro Custom Room Modeler
The Heritage Edition also comes with additional plugins worth a total of $2400 which include:
- UA 1176 Classic Limiter Collection
- Teletronix LA-2A Classic Leveler Collection
- Pultec Passive EQ Collection
- UA 610 Tube Preamp & EQ Collection
- Pure Plate Reverb