At a glance
- Desktop 2 x 4 USB 3-powered audio interface with class-leading 24-bit/192 kHz audio conversion
- Unison mic preamp and guitar amp emulations from Neve, API, Avalon, Manley, Marshall, Fender and more*
- Realtime UAD Processing allows near-zero latency tracking with classic UAD plug-in effects, regardless of software buffer setting
- Includes studio compressors, EQs, reverbs, and guitar amp emulations, and more as part of “Realtime Analog Classics” bundle
- Best-in-class headphone amplifier for loud, detailed, low-noise monitoring
The Universal Audio Apollo Solo USB 3 Heritage Edition is a special edition USB audio interface that includes a suite of 5 award-winning UAD plug-ins.
The Universal Audio Apollo Solo USB 3 is a 2x4 USB 3 audio interface with class-leading conversion, Unison mic preamps and 14 UAD plug-ins for recording vocals and instrument with near-zero latency.
An Outstanding USB Audio Interface
The Universal Audio Apollo Solo USB 3 comes with two mic/line inputs over Combo XLR/Jack, two Jack outputs, a DI input, and headphones output at the front. The top panel includes the main level knob that controls the Unison preamps gain and monitor level control. Additional controls cover input type selection, high-pass filter, +48V phantom power, phase (polarity reversal) and a link button for stereo recordings.
Unison Mic Preamps
The USB 3 audio interface comes with two Unison mic preamps that recreate the exact tone and feel of some of the most popular tube and transformer-based mic preamps or guitar cabinet emulations.
Unison technology offers stunning models of classic hardware. It works by providing a continuous, real-time and bi-directional link between the digitally-controlled hardware mic preamp and UAD software. It ensures precise matching of gain and impedance of the emulated mic preamp as well as its behaviour.
Once a Unison-enabled plug-in has been selected, the analogue input and digital plug-in remain in constant communication to ensure relative adjustments are made to closely match the impedance and gain staging of the original hardware preamp, creating a dynamic response as if you were using the original unit.
Unison also works with their range of unison ready-guitar amp adding another level of realism when trying to get the ideal tone.
Realtime UAD Processing
The Apollo Solo includes an onboard UAD-2 SOLO Core processor that lets you record and monitor through your entire collection of UAD Powered plug-ins. The Realtime UAD Processing technology lets you track through an extensive range of classic analogue emulations all at near-zero latency regardless of buffer settings.
Heritage Edition Collection
Included with the audio interface is the Realtime Analog Classics Plus which gives you the following Plugins:
- UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ
- Marshall Plexi Classic Guitar Amp
- Ampeg SVT-VR Classic Bass Amp
- UA 1176LN Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- UA 1176SE Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- Pultec EQP-1A EQ (Legacy)
- Pultec Pro EQ (Legacy)
- Teletronix LA-2A Leveling Amplifier (Legacy)
- Fairchild 670 Compressor (Legacy)
- Precision Enhancer Hz
- Raw Distortion
- Precision Channel Strip (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Reflection Engine (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod L (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- RealVerb Pro Custom Room Modeler
The Heritage Edition also comes with additional plugins worth a total of $2400 which include:
- UA 1176 Classic Limiter Collection
- Teletronix LA-2A Classic Leveler Collection
- Pultec Passive EQ Collection
- UA 610 Tube Preamp & EQ Collection
- Pure Plate Reverb