At a glance
- Microphone Type: large condenser studio microphone.
- Based on the classic “87-style” circuit.
- Microphone includes shock mount, hard-mount and wood box.
- Polar Patterns: Cardioid, figure of eight, and omnidirectional.
- Capsule: Lens Kondensator LK-87-B-50V reproduction of classic dual backplate (four wire termination) K87 capsule.
- Diaphragm: 6-micron thickness, 1-inch diameter, gold sputtered membrane, NOS Japanese mylar (PET film).
- Output Transformer: CineMag USA.
- Frequency Response: 20hz - 20khz.
- SPL: .5% THD @ 125db (without pad),132db (with pad).
- Pad: -10db.
- Output: 150 ohms, 24k gold plated, 3 pin XLR (pin 1 = gnd, pin 2 = +, pin 3 = -), transformer coupled via Cinemag USA output transformer.
- High Pass Filter: 80hz.
- Noise: -117db.
- Colour: nickel (painted).
The Warm Audio WA-Classic is a limited edition large-diaphragm FET condenser microphone inspired by the U87 with high-quality components and a custom capsule.
The Warm Audio WA-Classic is a limited edition and delivers high-quality performance at a surprisingly affordable price. It offers a choice of three polar patterns: Cardioid, Figure-of-Eight and Omnidirectional.
Using classic circuit designs of the U87, the WA-Classic delivers the warmth and character of an original vintage unit at a fraction of the price.
It also includes a -10dB pad allowing the microphone to handle SPL of up to 132dB. It also boasts a frequency response ranging between 20Hz-20kHz.
Custom K87-style Capsule
At its heart lies a Warm Audio custom reproduction of the legendary K87 capsule made by a capsule manufacturer in Austria. The custom WA-Classic-B-50V capsule features the same dual-backplate design with four-wire termination.
The capsule uses high-purity NOS Mylar (PET Film) and is further visually inspected and electrically tested for imperfection.
The Warm Audio WA-Classic uses premium components such as Fairchild FETS, polystyrene, tantalum and WIMA film capacitors. It also includes a USA-made Cinemag output transformer.