The Warm Audio WA73-EQ is a single channel mic preamp and EQ inspired by the legendary Neve 1073. It delivers accurately the vintage british tone and unmistakable sonic signature of its highly praised ancestor.
The Warm Audio WA73-EQ is the result of many years of research, careful engineering and relentless quest for perfection. The WA73-EQ is versatile and offers excellent performance in the studio or on stage with all kinds of microphones ranging from condenser microphones to ribbon and dynamics. Like its forefather, this boutique mic pre shines on any source, from vocals to guitars, bass and drums, keyboards and full orchestras.
Performance-wise, the WA73-EQ provides up to 80dB of gain and boasts a fully discrete custom Carnhill transformer, which recreate to perfection the sweet saturation and the vintage tone. Furthermore, Warm Audio went to the extent of using tantalum and polystyrene capacitors in the signal path for smoother performance at high gain settings.
Hand built and assembled in the US, the Warm Audio WA73-EQ has maintained the integrity of early British designs by including UK Blore Edwards Switch-Pots.
The Warm Audio WA73-EQ Main Features:
- Single Channel, Class A, '73-style British Microphone Preamp with EQ
- UK made Carnhill Transformers
- UK made - Blore Edwards EQ dual-concentric switch potentiometers
- Hand Wired, hand assembled
- 80dB of gain - resistor stepped gain switch
- Fully discrete
- TONE button - Changes input transformer impedance for varying tone
- Polarity switch
- 48v phantom power
- Inductor based 3 band EQ
- Low Band Boost/Cut - 35, 60, 110, 220 Hz
- Mid Band Boost/Cut - 360, 700, 1600, 3200, 4800, 7200 Hz
- High Band Boost/Cut - 10, 12, 16 kHz
- Additional high band frequency EQ points added (compared to vintage 1073)
- 4 position inductor based hipass filter - 50, 80, 160, 300 Hz
- XLR mic inputs (front & back)
- Line level TRS input
- TS Send/Receive insert jacks
- XLR & TRS line level outputs
- Direct In, instrument input
- Output control
- Led level indication
- Freq response 20Hz - 20kHz +/-.5 dB
- 19" rackable
- Internal IEC 115v/230v power inlet