At a glance
- All discrete analogue signal path
- Very high headroom (+/-24V int. powering)
- Analogue LOOK AHEAD circuit
- Variable STEREO WIDTH function
- DYNAMIC TRANSIENT function
- Variable Release Time (from 2ms to 100ms)
- Highest quality audio transformers
- Precision led metering (0.5dB steps)
- Peak Hold function for gain reduction meter
- Precision input/output setting (0.2dB steps)
- Stereo link for detection
- Limiter Bypass
- Hard Bypass
- Rotary step switches for all control knobs
The Hum Audio LAAL Look Ahead Analogue Limiter is a dual-channel, 100% analogue limiter with a unique lookahead detection system, dynamic transient function and Stereo width control.
The Hum Audio LAAL works by adding a 200 microseconds delay line into the analogue audio circuitry to create a unique lookahead ability. This delay line enables the detection circuit to react to the fastest peaks, providing effective peak limiting in the analogue domain.
The Look Ahead Analogue Limiter also includes a dynamic transient function that restores transients proportionally to the limiting level. This allows for great RMS levels with minimum side effects.
Finally, the LAAL includes a variable Stereo width circuit that lets you widen the mix in a more musical manner than traditional designs.